Terms and Conditions
The Materials and Services on this Site are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws and any unauthorized use of the Materials or Services at this Site may violate such laws. Except as expressly provided herein, VAST and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied right under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information with respect to the Materials and Services.
Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information or documents on this Site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of VAST .
The software and accompanying documentation that are made available to download from this Site are the copyrighted work of VAST and/or its suppliers. Use of the software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement that accompanies or is included with such software. You may not download or install any software that is accompanied by or includes an end user license agreement unless you agree to the terms of such end user license agreement. If you do not agree to such terms, you may not use the software. It is illegal to decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the software available on the Site.
Except where otherwise indicated, you may view, download and print the documents and information available on this Site subject to the following conditions:
The documents and information may be used solely for personal, informational, internal, non-commercial purposes.
The documents and information may not be modified or altered in any way.
The documents and information on the Site may not be distributed.
Copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the documents and information may not be removed..
VAST reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download and print the documents and information available on this Site at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from VAST.
The rights granted herein constitute a limited license and not a transfer of title.
Warranties and Disclaimers
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND VAST, ALL MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VAST MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, or (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OBTAINED FROM THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO NINETY (90) DAYS.
THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. VAST MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ANY PRODUCTS LISTED HEREIN, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES AT THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE. VAST MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE or keep current MATERIALS OR SERVICES.
VAST ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, SOFTWARE, MATERIALS AND/OR SERVICES WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS SITE. REFERENCES TO OTHER CORPORATIONS, THEIR SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL VAST OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT VAST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, or ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR OF ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THIS SITE.
This Site contains links to third-party Web sites that are not under the control of VAST. VAST makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web site to which you may have access through this Site. When you access a non-VAST Web site, you do so at your own risk and VAST is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on these sites or for the quality of any products or services available on such sites. Inclusion of such links does not imply that VAST endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or uses of such Web sites.
This Site can be accessed from other countries around the world and may contain references to VAST products, services, and programs that have not been announced in your country. These references do not imply that VAST intends to announce such products, services or programs in your country.
License For User Content
Certain Services offered on this Site accommodate or require user-supplied information, materials or communications (collectively, 'User Content'). Depending upon the nature of the Service, by submitting User Content to this Site you grant VAST the following type of licenses:
1. For User Content such as comments to the VAST User to User Forums, bug reports, piracy reports or product suggestions, you grant VAST an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute such User Content, and you also agree that VAST is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. VAST will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted such User Content to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first notify you that the User Content you submit to a particular part of the Site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
2. For User Content that is the result of your creative efforts, such as examples of work you have done using VAST products, you hereby grant VAST a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to reproduce and modify (for purposes of formatting, maintenance or Site administration only) such User Content. You also grant VAST the right to distribute and publicly display and perform such User Content for the purpose for which it was submitted to the Site. This license will be in effect only until such time as the User Content is removed from the Site.
Prohibited CommunicationsYou may only submit to the Site, User Content that is (a) owned by you, (b) submitted with the express permission of the owner, or (c) in the public domain. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other materials that would violate any law or the rights of others, including without limitation, laws against copyright infringement. Violation of these restrictions may result in limitations on access by you to this Site.
VAST reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete or remove your User Content from the Site and to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of this Site, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability.
VAST may establish general practices and limits on the use of any Service, including, but not limited to, limits on retention time, file size, and storage space for User Content. VAST shall have no liability or responsibility for the deletion or failure to store any information or materials in connection with any Service.VAST may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review (i) any areas on the Site where users transmit or post User Content, including but not limited to areas where Services are available, or chat rooms, bulletin boards or other user forums, and (ii) the substance of any User Content.
VAST reserves the right to terminate the use of the Site by users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this Site or on sites linked to from this Site, please provide VAST's Copyright Agent a Notice containing the following elements:
1. a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is alleged to have been infringed;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and identification of what material in such work(s) is claimed to be infringing and which you request to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
4. information sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in your Notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you that the information in your Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Contact the Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on this Site are the property of VAST or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of VAST or such third party which may own the Marks. VAST logo is the trademark of Association VAST, Ltd.